REDUCED in price - Just outside the village, gated domaine situated along the bank of the Canal du Midi with chateau, gate-keeper's lodge, cottage, canal side cottage, barns of over 1000 m2 on grounds on 5.63 Hectares with a swimming pool and the remains of the original fort. Possibility to moor a boat. The Chateau, a 17th century fort, remodelled in the 18th century, has retained its original character, charm and features.
- Location: In a pretty winegrowers village with shop, bar, bakery, restaurant, school, post office, library, at 10 minutes from Castelnaudary , 40 minutes Carcassonne (airport) and 45 minutes from Toulouse (airport).
The property retains the remains of the original fort and the hand-built cobbled pathways built by the soldiers to the fort which border the tree-lined driveway, stables and outbuildings.
- Chateau (840 m2, 420 m2 attic space)
Basement: Workshop of 43.66 m2, corridor of 6.2 m2, storage of 11 m2, pool-room of 12.83 m2 (access to garden), wine cellar of 14 m2.
- Ground floor: Hall of 76.72 m2 (original tiled floors, wood-carved fireplace, exposed beams, columns, access to rear garden and terrace), lounge/library of 67.90 m2 (original tiles, wood-panelling, wood-carved fireplace, bookshelves), corridor of 4.77 m2, office of 7.37 m2, butler pantry of 4.89 m2, equipped kitchen of 30.56 m2 (modern top and bottom units, electric and gas hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, extractor fan, wood-stove, access to dining room, utility and courtyard), storage of 2.98 m2, corridor of 10.10 m2, utility of 16.67 m2 (sinks, fridges, shelving), dining room of 64 m2 (wood-panelling, original plasterwork ceiling and tiles, wood-carved fireplace), corridor of 4.72 m2, storage of 1.28 m2, WC of 4.5 m2 (basin, ,WC), office of 19.63 m2 (wood panelling, parquet floors, access to dining room) with ensuite of 8.63 m2 (shower, basin, WC), main staircase lobby of 29.07 m2, room of 12 m2, courtyard of 58.41 m2 (sun terrace, sheltered eating areas), corridor of 8.82 m2, workshop of 29.88 m2 (original fireplace, access to garden), wood store (2 storeys) of 60 m2, shower room of 2.34 m2, boiler-room of 20.59 m2 (newly installed boiler, indoor barbecue).
- 1st floor: Landing of 8.62 m2, billiard room of 79 m2 (wood panelling, wall friezes) with rear balcony of 4.81 m2 and front balcony of 2.25 m2, corridor/gym of 5.89 m2, bedroom of 12.26 m2, service corridor of 7.38 m2, bedroom of 31.85 m2 (curved wardrobes, wood-panelling, fireplace) with ensuite (WC, shower, basin) and dressing of 22.98 m2 (fireplace), corridor of 4.70 m2, bedroom of 17.05 m2 with ensuite of 9.7 m2 (bath, basin, WC), bedroom of 15.15 m2 with ensuite (shower, WC, basin, fireplace) and dressing of 15.56 m2, bedroom of 29.71 m2 with ensuite (bath, basin), shower room of 7.10 m2 (WC, shower, access to service corridor) and dressing of 14.10 m2, library of 17.32 m2 (shelved), bedroom of 19.08 m2, 4 rooms of 11.75 m2, 19 m2, 21 m2 and 15.6 m2.
- 2nd floor: Attic space of 420 m2 containing the fort's original grain lift.
- Cottage 1 (80 m2)
Ground: Lounge/fitted kitchen of 40 m2 with fireplace.
1st floor: 2 bedrooms, bathroom (shower, basin, WC).
- Cottage 2 (180 m2)
Ground: Lounge with fireplace, kitchen, bathroom.
1st floor: 3 bedrooms.
- Cottage 3 (160 m2)
Ground: Bathroom (WC, basin, shower), lounge, fitted kitchen.
- 1st floor: 2 bedrooms.
- Outside: Large gated and walled grounds with trees, south facing garden, pool 5x9m, paddocks, original fort ruins, barns of 1000 m2 (9 buildings to include garage, stables and storage).
- Sundry: Original features, well, annual property tax around 4500 euros, fuel central heating, wood stoves and open fires places, roof renovated 15 years ago, mains water, septic tank, not in flood zone, good structural state.
Large Canal-side domaine with stunning location and lots of character.
The prices are inclusive of agents fees (paid by the vendors).
The notaire's fees have to be paid on top at the actual official rate.
The department of Aude is in the Languedoc-Roussillon region located in the south of France. It is surrounded by the Pyrénées-Orientales, Ariège, Tarn and Hérault departments.
French property buyers look in this region due to its numerous and varied landscapes as well as the rich cultural heritage, Aude has become an ever popular destination recently due to the gastronomy of the region, as well as its many festivals and dramatic scenery.
Carcassonne is the cultural heart of the Aude department, and all through the region you will find lovely properties either to live in or to use as holiday homes. Aude is an agricultural area dominated by wine-growing in the east and the climate is that of the Mediterranean so summers are hot and dry and winters are mild and humid.
It is the perfect location if you are looking for a quiet life and to be in harmony with your surroundings.
We at Cle France specialise in Property for sale in France through our network of Agents and French Registered High Street Estate Agents. We have sold thousands of houses for sale in France over the years and have helped many find and buy their dream home in France.
We can also help you with everything to do with buying a house in France including getting a mortgage, organising currency exchange, renovation advice, property surveys, planning permission, French translation, opening a bank account and everything to do with French property sales.
All our prices are quoted as FAI (agency fees included) unless otherwise stated and 'notaire' fees are around 7% (on average) but feel free to ask us for an exact amount on any particular French property for sale you are interested in.
Indeed please feel free to use the 'MAKE AN ENQUIRY' tab above to ask us any questions you have about buying a property in France. Our UK based enquiry office and staff will guide you through the entire buying process step by step from your first contact right up to taking ownership and beyond, all free of charge.
So when you buy through Clé France you can be confident that you are paying no more than the standard commission rates you would pay anyway, but you have the added benefit of a bi-lingual support team.
For everything you need to know about French property visit www.clefrance.co.uk
(51 Ã 90) B
(91 Ã 150) C
(151 Ã 230) D
(231 Ã 330) E
(331 Ã 450) F
(6 Ã 10) B
(11 Ã 20) C
(21 Ã 35) D
(36 Ã 55) E
(56 Ã 80) F
A value of 1 in the above graphs: No Rating for this property
Cave Central heating Garage Garden Internet connection Landscaping
Lawn Loft Septic tank Swimming Pool Well Workshop