REDUCED in price - Pretty and large Bourgeois stone property with a 160m2 (1722ft2) floor space over two floors and a convertible loft space. It is ideally located within a vibrant village, close to the A20 motorway, but without the drawbacks and would suit a family with or without children needing easy access to Limoges or Brive-la-Gaillarde.
- On the ground floor, two rooms share most of the available floor space. To the left of the entrance, there is a large 28m2 (300ft2) fitted kitchen with an imposing stone fireplace, in which the owners have installed a custom-fit cast iron box that allows for safe log burning and that can also be used as a barbecue. The room has traditional fireclay floor tiles, exposed ceiling beams and excellent ceiling height. There is a separate toilet next to the kitchen and a cellar access door. To the right of the entrance, the living room has the same area size as the kitchen's. It has a semi-built-in fireplace with a log burner inside it. The original living area on this floor has been increased by 40m2 (430ft2) by the current owners, for they recently had two solid extensions built at the back of the existing house. One links in to the kitchen and the other to the living room.
- The first extension is a bright dining room of about 14m2 (150ft2) in size with multiple openings, of which a double glass sliding door opening to a gravelled terrace. This room provides extra space to the existing kitchen and is fitted with an extra sink, a washing machine and bespoke storage cabinets. It also has an electrically powered reversible heat pump that can pump hot air or cool air on demand into the room.
- The second extension was put in by the owners in order to create a comprehensive living area on the ground floor that would include a 16m2 (172ft2) bedroom with a large built-in wardrobe, double windows and double glass sliding doors that also opened onto the terrace, a fully fitted bathroom with a tiled walk-in shower, a wall-hung toilet and a double basin solid wood vanity unit with a mirror above it and finally an office corner to complete the setup. Walls and floors are in neutral colours to match most interiors. The staircase in the kitchen leads up to the central landing area on the first floor.
- This level has a classic look to it: two rooms at the back, a bedroom and an office/bedroom that are both 11m2 (118ft2) big. Two more bedrooms at the front, each 14m2 (150ft2) in size, separated by a slightly dated 5m2 (54ft2) bathroom fitted with a single basin cabinet and a mirror over it, a toilet, a shower cubicle, a storage cabinet and an electric towel warmer. On the floor above, a convertible attic space of about 28m2 (300ft2) with an available head height of over 3.5m (11.5ft) at the highest point. The only downside of this room is its access, which is done via a folding staircase. Should the area be converted into an extra room, it would be better to add a fixed staircase. The existing landing space would be big enough to have this staircase added in.
The roof was entirely changed up to the latest regulations back in 2014 using flat red clay tiles, which give the house a lot of added charm. The house is on mains drainage and all the original windows have been replaced with double glazed ones.
- On the outside, one has access to a nice west-facing terrace and lawned garden through the extensions' large openings. A real invitation to spend more time in the garden and enjoy the area's mild climate.
On one side of the house, there is a gated parking space that can fit a large camper van. Halfway down the garden's length, a recent 12m2 (130ft2) chalet with water and electricity allows you to take your Summer meals outside the house and there are two wood sheds and a workshop at the bottom of the garden.
The plot is flat and 730m2 (1/5 Acre) in size.
Getting to the nearest shops will take you 5 minutes on foot.
The property is located halfway between Brive-la-Gaillarde and Limoges at about 30 minutes' drive and the
Location: In/near a village
Lot size: Approx. 729 m2
Year of construction: Before 1900
Surface area: Approx. 157 m2
Number of rooms: 8
Number of bedrooms: 4
Sanitation: Number of bathrooms : 2
Bathroom(s) with Shower, Sink and Toilet
Drainage system: Mains drainage
Heating: Fireplace with Wood burners
Outbuildings: Chalet 12m2
Agency Fees paid by the vendor
The department of Corrèze is located in south central France, Corrèze belongs to the Limousin region. Correze is the name river running through the department. The population is around 240,000 inhabitants and is split into three arrondissements (Tulle, Brive and Ussel), 38 cantons and 285 towns and villages. Lanscapes in this department are mountains, plateaus and valleys. The highest mountain is the Mont Bessou at 978m.
Correze has many pretty villages or towns. It has six villages belonging to the ‘Prettiest villages of France’ category, so watch out for Collonges-la-Rouge, Curemonte, Saint-Robert, Ségur-le-Chateau, Treignac and Turenne.
Limousin is often described as one of the cheapest French regions in terms of property. It will depend of course on the location and your personal expectations but in general you get a lot for your money.
Less than 12% of the properties in Correze are second homes but the number is climbing as it is really sought after for quality holiday homes and setting up a B&B style business.
We at Cle France specialise in Property for sale in France through our network of Agents and French Registered High Street Estate Agents. We have sold thousands of houses for sale in France over the years and have helped many find and buy their dream home in France.
We can also help you with everything to do with buying a house in France including getting a mortgage, organising currency exchange, renovation advice, property surveys, planning permission, French translation, opening a bank account and everything to do with French property sales.
All our prices are quoted as FAI (agency fees included) unless otherwise stated and 'notaire' fees are around 7% (on average) but feel free to ask us for an exact amount on any particular French property for sale you are interested in.
Indeed please feel free to use the 'MAKE AN ENQUIRY' tab above to ask us any questions you have about buying a property in France. Our UK based enquiry office and staff will guide you through the entire buying process step by step from your first contact right up to taking ownership and beyond, all free of charge.
So when you buy through Clé France you can be confident that you are paying no more than the standard commission rates you would pay anyway, but you have the added benefit of a bi-lingual support team.
For everything you need to know about French property visit www.clefrance.co.uk
(51 Ã 90) B
(91 Ã 150) C
(151 Ã 230) D
(231 Ã 330) E
(331 Ã 450) F
(6 Ã 10) B
(11 Ã 20) C
(21 Ã 35) D
(36 Ã 55) E
(56 Ã 80) F
A value of 1 in the above graphs = No Rating for this property
Cave Double Glazing Garden Internet connection Landscaping
Lawn Loft Mains Drainage Workshop