REDUCED in price - In a quiet but central part of the village, this pretty house retains integral parts of the original 12th century building, including the village ramparts and sentry-walk. The house offers 360 m2 of living space including 9 bedrooms (6 completely renovated en-suites), large lounge and reception, professional kitchen, private 3 bedroomed owner's quarters to include their private lounge and terrace and additional but separate grounds of 350 m2 (with planning permission for swimming pool, summer kitchen, Petanque / Boules court). The property has been completely renovated to a very high standard but has retained integral features from the original 12th century ramparts, original beams, exposed stone walls, tiling and marble fireplaces. Until recently run as a B&B with high proven income, the property allows for continued use as a B&B with private owner's quarters or as a large family home.
- Location: Pretty winegrowers village close to the very popular Saint Guilhem le Desert and Lac de Salagou, with amenities including restaurant, wineries, school, daily bakery van and weekly and bi-weekly grocery van, pizza/snacking and others. At 10 minutes to lakes (swimming, sailing, canoeing), 10 minutes to Clermont l'Herault (all commerce), 35 minutes from Montpellier (airport) and Beziers (airport), 20 minutes to Cirque de Navacelles and 35 minutes to beaches.
- Ground floor: Entrance of 3.65 m2, entrance of 52.56 m2 comprising reception of 33.30 m2 and dining room of 19.26 m2 (original rampart walls, original tiles, exposed beams, exposed stone walls, feature iron work, office area, electric stove), spa of 24.85 m2 (6-person jacuzzi, marble sink, shower, TV, massage table, water feature, LED lighting, tiled), WC of 1.73 m2 (basin, WC), return of 2.34 m2, kitchen of 17.93 m2 (vaulted ceiling, original tiles, 5 ring gas burner, extractor fan, vapor oven, electric oven, microwave, double fridge, Neff induction hob, storage), boiler room of 5.12 m2, corridor of 3.05 m2, utility room of 17.79 m2 (access to rear, Miele washer, Miele dryer, double sink, fridge, wine fridge, storage and shelves).
- 1st floor: Bedroom of 13.60 m2 (reversible clime, TV, mini-fridge, tea/coffee facilities, marble fireplace, integrated storage) with ensuite of 2.94 m2 (basin, WC, luxury shower, oak storage, lighted mirrors, extraction), bedroom of 20.44 m2 (reversible clime, TV, mini-fridge, tea/coffee facilities) with ensuite of 2.90 m2 (basin, WC, luxury shower, oak storage, lighted mirrors, extraction, exposed beams, exposed stone), corridor/library of 5.68 m2 (original tiles, exposed beams), bedroom of 17.85 m2 (reversible clime, TV, mini-fridge, tea/coffee facilities, original tiles, marble fireplace, integrated storage) with ensuite of 3.75 m2 (basin, WC, luxury shower, oak storage, lighted mirrors, extraction), bedroom of 14.05 m2 (reversible clime, exposed beams), corridor of 6.52 m2, bedroom of 32 m2 (cornices, ceiling roses, decorative plasterwork, marble fireplace, integrated storage, balconette) with ensuite of 3.47 m2 (basin, WC, luxury shower, oak storage, lighted mirrors, extraction).
- 2nd floor: Return of 4.47 m2, bedroom of 14.57 m2 with return of 5.59 m2 and ensuite of 3.52 m2 (basin, WC, luxury shower, oak storage, lighted mirrors, extraction), corridor of 5.93 m2, lounge of 36.18 m2 (original rampart walls and sentry-walk, original tomette tiles, exposed beams, exposed stone walls, balconette area), bathroom of 7.11 m2 (double marble and granite basins, WC, heated towel rail, luxury shower), bedroom of 13.65 m2 (reversible clime, exposed stone, beams, original door), bedroom of 12.93 m2 (reversible clime) with mezzanine of 8.45 m2 (velux, exposed beams, exposed stone), bedroom of 18.14 m2 (reversible clime, exposed beams, stone) with dressing 6.04 m2, terrace of 8.40 m2.
- Outside: Non attached garden of 350 m2 with planning permission for large pool (10m x 4m), summer kitchen, pool-house (WC, shower), petanque court and pergola area with septic tank.
- Sundry: Reversible climate control throughout, double glazing, smoke alarms and extractor fans, connected to mains sewer and water, property tax around 2496€, tiled throughout, upper terrace, roof, electricity and plumbing renovated, furniture and B1B contents included, not in flood zone, good structural state, electric stove and original fireplaces, high proven revenue, own website/social media, original features, character historic property.
Large, high income generating property, well placed near central tourist locations.
The prices are inclusive of agents fees (paid by the vendors).
The notaire's fees have to be paid on top at the actual official rate.
The department of Hérault is in the Languedoc-Roussillon region located in the south of France. It is surrounded by the Pyrénées-Orientales, Ariège, Tarn and Aude departments.
Widely regarded as possibly the most dynamic department in Languedoc Roussillon with Montpellier as its capital and the popular seaside resorts of Sete and Grande Motte bringing in millions of tourists every summer, the Hérault department is certainly busy and growing.
But despite all the activity along the coast, the interior of Hérault is as beautiful and unspoiled as it has always been. The Hérault countryside is glorious, driving away from the coast into the foothills of the Black Mountains you can get lost in an ocean of vines.
Villages in the department of Hérault are incredibly pretty. Roquebrun is stunning, with its bridge and old water mill on the river Orb. St Guilhem-le-Desert is also beautiful - and one of Languedoc’s top tourist spots.
Hérault is also a favourite of Brits looking to move to the area. Pézenas and Lodève are both popular towns - Pézenas used to be the region’s capital and is becoming quite chic.
In short - the department combines beautiful countryside with the buzz and glamour of a major city (Montpellier).
We at Cle France specialise in Property for sale in France through our network of Agents and French Registered High Street Estate Agents. We have sold thousands of houses for sale in France over the years and have helped many find and buy their dream home in France.
We can also help you with everything to do with buying a house in France including getting a mortgage, organising currency exchange, renovation advice, property surveys, planning permission, French translation, opening a bank account and everything to do with French property sales.
All our prices are quoted as FAI (agency fees included) unless otherwise stated and 'notaire' fees are around 7% (on average) but feel free to ask us for an exact amount on any particular French property for sale you are interested in.
Indeed please feel free to use the 'MAKE AN ENQUIRY' tab above to ask us any questions you have about buying a property in France. Our UK based enquiry office and staff will guide you through the entire buying process step by step from your first contact right up to taking ownership and beyond, all free of charge.
So when you buy through Clé France you can be confident that you are paying no more than the standard commission rates you would pay anyway, but you have the added benefit of a bi-lingual support team.
For everything you need to know about French property visit www.clefrance.co.uk
(51 Ã 90) B
(91 Ã 150) C
(151 Ã 230) D
(231 Ã 330) E
(331 Ã 450) F
(6 Ã 10) B
(11 Ã 20) C
(21 Ã 35) D
(36 Ã 55) E
(56 Ã 80) F
A value of 1 in the above graphs: No Rating for this property
Double Glazing Garden Internet connection Jacuzi Tub
Landscaping Septic tank Swimming Pool